Get ready for the 2013 academic school year by optimising your safe newsletters account. Its easy to do and only takes a few minutes.
I trust your you are refreshed from a well earned break. I hope Santa was good to you!
If you do this NOW, it will help you streamline your parent communication and reduce errors throughout the year.
The following list is a prioritized list of tasks that need to be done ASAP. I know you’re busy… but if you do it know it will make your job easier …
- CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD. We take security very seriously. Whilst you were on holidays, we have taken further steps to make Safe Newsletters even safer. BUT… your password is still the gateway to your entire parent list. It would be horribly embarrassing if someone managed to guess your password and access your account and then start sending inappropriate messages. If you need a password generator, have a look at this online password generator to generate a secure password for you. If you use this, please DO NOT use the punctuation function… Safe Newsletters won’t allow SOME punctuation in passwords.
- SMS. If you would like to add a SMS function as an extra layer of communication for your parents, we can now enable this for you. When your newsletter is sent, a SMS will also be sent to parents. It operates on a consumption basis. At the end of each month we send the school a bill for SMS consumption. Parents are given the option to receive the SMS. More information here.
- PRUNE your parent email list. If parents haven’t collected their newsletter for 120 days, you can prune the list which effectively deletes their email from your list. This keeps your list nice and tidy.
- ADVERTISING. If your school has advertisers that wish to advertise in your newsletter for the whole year… you now have the option to include their add alongside your newsletter. The add sits beside your newsletter on the computer screen. This way you don’t have to include it in your newsletter each week. We take care of all the electronic advertising. We have more information for schools here. Send all your advertisers here for more information.
- MOBILE DEVICES. We have a new HTML newsletters feature that allows schools to publish their newsletter as a web page rather than a PDF document. This way the HTML newsletter will render in mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets. Sometimes PDF documents are difficult to read on smaller devices because parents need to scroll across as well as scroll down the screen. HTML newsletters eliminates this issue and makes the reading experience much friendlier.
- ADD EVENT REMINDERS. Add your school events and reminders to Safe Newsletters which allows parents to auto add them to their Outlook (or similar) calendar. This way parents are well informed of upcoming events and dates.
- SURVEYS. Don’t forget you can add surveys to the email that is sent to parents. Why not survey parents and ask them if they would like to receive a SMS each time the newsletter is published??
Competition winners will be announced soon..
Have I missed something or need some advice on something? Leave a comment below.